Saturday 16 October 2010

The path of righteousness...

Let me make myself clear........

I have no religion, therefore I am a rebel in the opinion of some people
I have no belief in the afterlife, therefore I am without purpose after my death
In my life I have heart and soul and I do not rely on the bible to teach me, or to put fear into me
I am my own person, and I take full responsibility for my actions
And my salvation comes from the goodness in me, made by me, and I will not sell myself to God.

There is a difference between religion and spirituality.
Religion is about politics, and rules, and spirituality is about broadmindedness
A holistic state of mind, open and free.


I will fear no evil, for thou are inside of me 
And I shall want for no higher authority than I, to lead me from wrong
The explanations for many things I did not understand are now defined with science and technology
And this makes more sense.

Peace comes with the beautiful relationships that we have with others, and ourselves.
Religion is not reality.. It is not my shield..

written by Cheryl Powling


1 comment:

  1. This should be a Sunday Sermon Cheryl, but it's Saturday x
    Hels

    ReplyDelete